Search engine optimization (or SEO) is not what it used to be. Major search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo! are now becoming smarter in terms of organic searches. This means that if a website is not optimized the way the search engine prefers, it gets penalized by being pushed further down the rankings where the chances of internet users finding your website is very low.
Search engines recommend a tactic called “white hat SEO”, which refers to optimization strategies that are more specifically targeted to the human audience, giving importance to relevant content and organic rankings. This is the reason why white hat SEO is also referred to as “Ethical SEO”. A website that applies this method makes use of techniques like keyword analysis, link building, and writing original content.
White hat SEO is ideal for businesses and brands that want their websites to be effective long-term investments. Here are several reasons why:
- White hat SEO attracts more traffic.
- Using black hat tactics like spamming is unreliable in the long run.
- It’s more cost-effective compared to black hat SEO.
- White hat SEO conforms to the rules and policies of search engines, therefore reducing risks. Using white hat also eliminates the possibility of violating legal regulations.
- Rankings can be shared, thus improve the ability to do PR and branding for your brand across multiple platforms.